top of page

Invitation for youth to participate in Pan-Canadian school food consultation

Updated: Jun 22, 2023


Are you in grades 7-12?

The Honourable Karina Gould, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development wants to know what you think about school food!

Why participate?

Even though every province and territory supports some type of school food program, many Canadian kids still go to school hungry. School food programs can help reduce hunger and improve young people’s health and educational outcomes as well as support families and sustainable food systems. That is why the Government of Canada is working to develop a national school food policy, and they need your help.

Join Children First Canada’s virtual event

Please join us on June 3rd, at 1pm EST for a virtual conversation on what should be included in the Government’s school food policy and share your opinions on school food programming. Youth with and without school food program experience are welcome to attend.

This event will be hosted by the Honourable Karina Gould, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development and facilitated by Children First Canada.

The session will take place on Zoom. Details on how to connect will be provided once you sign up to attend.

We need your input — During the session, we’ll be asking you questions like:

  • Is there a breakfast or lunch program at your school? What do you think about it?

  • Besides feeding students, what do you think the most important benefit of a school food program would be and why?

  • What do you think would encourage your friends and classmates to participate in a school food program?

How to register

If you are in grades 7-12 and would like to join us to share your ideas, please fill out the registration and consent form below and send it to Cicely at

English Virtual consultation combined consent form_Final
Download DOCX • 367KB
French Virtual consultation combined consent form_Final_FR
Download DOCX • 367KB

Note: If you are between the ages of 12 and 14, you will need to ask your parent or guardian to sign the consent form. If you are 15 years of age or older, you may sign the consent form on your own behalf.

We look forward to hearing your great ideas!


bottom of page